Friday, July 17, 2009

Sunrise, Sunset

San Augustine has a beautiful sunrise over City Lake. I have also enjoyed some gorgeous sunsets. One in particular, I saw in the Fall from a picnic area just west of 96 on Hwy 21 overlooking a rolling green pasture. Watching that sunset made me feel that San Augustine was a blessed place. It was tranquil with a burning orange ball and colors from orange to pink to purple. I did not have my camera at the time, so I cannot share it with you. Besides a picture does not do a real sunset any justice. I have seen similar sunsets looking North on 87 at Six Mile Bridge and from my in-laws home on Toledo Bend Lake.

I did take a sunset picture in Key Largo and this will be the last thing I will share with you about my vacation. Now it is time to get back to real life and the everyday adventures that make us who we are and carry us through.

In the beginning, O Lord, you laid the foundations of the earth,

and the heavens are the work of your hands.

Hebrews 1:9

No comments:

Post a Comment