Monday, July 6, 2009

Florida Here We Are















Clear Water Beach is crowded on 4th July weekend, but still beautiful when you get further away from the parking area. So maybe it is one of the most beautiful beaches during the off season.

We are staying at the Key Lime Sailing Club in Key Largo for 5 nights in the Sailfish Cottage (for honeymooners). Jeff is in heaven with our sailing lessons and taking the O'day out later that evening. I snorkeled around the dock and saw a sting ray, jelly fish, sponges, and colorful fish. The water is clear but greenish blue, not as good as Roatan where we have snorkeled before, but a good substitute for now. I can post pictures later when I get my underwater camera developed. The water is emerald color mostly.
















Today I took a sunfish out and freaked! I could not control it and ended up hitting the dock and shearing off the boom... The sensible person in me knew I wasn't ready, but I felt a little peer pressure to take a chance. My fears came true.. Oh well. I was adventurous. I think it is fairly adventurous just to snorkel around. WISH ALL MY FRIENDS AND FAMILY WERE HERE! Miss you!

No comments:

Post a Comment