Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Canoeing with Sis

Another canoe story, I know... However, this is really about spending time with family. A canoe outing and my wonderful cooking (not) is what I have to offer when you visit me. Oh, and coffee in a cool French press if you are one of 2 or 3 wanting coffee. My niece (15 months old) enjoyed "Finding Nemo". She did not even flinch when the big shark ate all the little ......... Anyway, she loved watching the ending several times. My nephew took the canoe out earlier in the day with my husband and they were excited about the huge carp breaking the water with their fins and the fact that they looked as long as 3 feet. My sister and I went out an hour before dark. My sister has a disability and was apprehensive about getting in and out of the canoe, but with just a little shoulder to lean on she enjoyed the freedom of doing something out of the ordinary, the calming sparkling water, sisterly conversation, and slowly darkening sky. In fact, we were interrupted by a cell phone call coaxing us back to reality and the nearest dock. What a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment