Saturday, March 28, 2009

Mexican Train

I am the Mexican Train champion! It was not just luck, we played 2 games and I won both. There were 6 of us playing against each other. The second game the others positioned me behind Jeff to see if he could throw some impossible moves my way. I think that I surprised them with my cunning and competitive nature despite my quiet reserved demeanor. :) It is wonderful to get together with friends and family and share some competition and laughs, along with a delicious meal of brisket and blackberry cobbler. We spent all day at Toledo Bend Lake with Jeff's parents, his brother and family, and some friends we have known since we were teenagers. We remembered old times and shared coming times. I enjoy seeing others laugh and smile, and I hope to create such heartwarming get togethers like this for others while here in San Augustine.

But above all these things put on love, which is the bond of perfection. And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to which also you were called in one body; and be thankful. Colossians 3: 14-15

No comments:

Post a Comment