Saturday, March 21, 2009

The Adventure of the Job Search

Looking for a job can be an adventure... a continuous adventure. I have been looking since December 11th. After about 70 contacts, I am reflecting on this adventure. You become acquainted with how to get around and it is exciting to meet so many new people. In a town such as San Augustine, once you meet someone you are a friend. So I have made many new friends. You also get to know yourself better and what your strengths and weaknesses are and how to answer those hard interview questions. Your working career is reduced to a 2-page resume, which makes life seem simple. I am blessed in that having a job is not a necessity. My income would be a second income and living here makes that unnecessary for now. In a way, I believe the Lord is trying to tell me - you can rest from your last 10 years of stress and struggle. .......That's right, I have not been hired! I could ramble on and on about how qualified I am, my interviews, politics and cliques, commutes to larger cities to work, lack of being bi-lingual, self-doubt, etc. However, I will accept that I need to rest and continue looking at the brighter side of life and enjoy what San Augustine is giving me. I'll keep busy with my search, reading and study, walks, canoe trips, and friendships. Humbly, I truly thank you Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment