Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Adventures with my dog


Maggie is her name and she spent several hours in her cage after this incident. Maggie is a our 10-year old miniature Dachshund. She has always been unable to control her hunting instincts. She does not walk in a straight line, she sniffs to and fro until she is gone. She may return hours later knowing that she is in trouble. While I was working in the yard moving items from the house to a storage building, she followed me around and played with our cat and she always comes and checks in with me. This day I missed her after awhile and called her. I called her for over half an hour. I got in my truck and drove around the block and called her some more. The second time around the block I heard her barking under our neighbor's house. That neighbor was not home. I spent an hour trying to coax her out. I was comical trying to order her out, stomping on the porch, shaking her food box... When she finally came out she had several scratches on her face. She had cornered a cat. So I scolded her and we went back home. I put her leash on her and tied her to a tree and continued my tasks. After a while, I looked over and I saw her pink leash, but I did not see her. She had chewed the leash off and had gone straight under my neighbor's house again. After getting her out this time, I put her in her doggy cage. She did not even whimper until late evening. This week she has been especially out of control. Besides chasing a cat and chewing her leash in 2 pieces, she also got into my purse and pulled out a burrito that I was saving for Jeff. She is also demanding to be picked up, fed, and watered with her low growls. She has even growled for me to sit in the recliner, so she can sleep right beside me while I read. That is what she wanted. She rules the house, and she is my best bud.

No comments:

Post a Comment