Sunday, March 15, 2009

Flooding again

We thought we had left flooding behind. We refuse to fret about damage from a hurricane again to our home, no more evacuating, no more deciding what is important enough to take with you...... Woke up to 1-2 " of water in 2/3 of our rental house. I would not call the landlord. I couldn't face him and tell him that his house was flooded. I tried to find the humor in it, of course. (I joked that I did not want to go anywhere today anyway.) I discovered quickly that I was the hand that started it. I started a load of clothes at 6:00 am and went back to bed. Which means that the water overflowed the washer for a good 3 hours. I wonder what our water bill will be? The 3 of us worked until 2:00 or 2:30 sucking up water and pulling our pad and carpet. I once told a friend that any day that makes me happy is an adventure. Did this day make me happy? Yes, tired and sore but happy. I found out what I was made of, no crying, no giving up, no concern for my things, and we shared some true grit times with our landlord and friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment