Saturday, March 7, 2009

Meeting friends

One of my first adventures in San Augustine was meeting JT. She kenneled and groomed our dog. Her office was 1 block from us on the square. I was so thrilled to find someone to take such good care of Maggie. One day I shared with her that it looked like we were going to have to move away to Nacogdoches because we could not find another place to rent. We had tried several places and there was always something that prevented us from getting the rental. JT is so friendly and caring, and resourceful! "Wait, I can introduce you to someone who might can help you."

We walked next door (with Maggie in tow) to an insurance agency where she introduced me to Brad. All of this had to be God's devine intervention. He was closing on a place the end of the month. It was a 3 bedroom with central air and heat, washer and dryer, and storage buildings. Jeff and I looked at it within the next couple of days and thought it was perfect and in a great neighborhood with families we had already met. It was all I could do to wait until his closing on the house and our 30-day notice to our current landlord. I felt that Brad and JT wanted us to stay in San Augustine; it is nice to be wanted. Their care and kindness brought us back to some sense of normalcy and purpose in this world. I am forever greatful.

"We are surrounded by a great cloud of people whose lives tell us what faith means..."
Hebrews 12

No comments:

Post a Comment