Sunday, January 31, 2010

The Kid in Me


One of my favorite things to do is tease the cat! Oh, it is so much fun! She acts so cool and under control, but she cannot resist anything that is wiggling within her eye sight. I buy toys with feathers hooked to a string and I stick my hand under a pillow or cover and wiggle my fingers. She jerks her head first, lowers her body in position with a wiggly backside, then -- pounce! She misses the target by a microsecond and she gets a wad of fabric in her mouth. She cannot resist my dogs wagging tail either. It thrills me to see her loose control like that and I do get a little carried away myself with the giggling and laughing at her. She gets that embarrassed look.

Another thing I love to do is swing in the hammock while listening to music on my IPhone and sometimes singing. I could spend hours doing that. I lay perpendicular on the hammock and swing my leg so that the hammock never stops moving. I examine the clouds going by and imagine what their shape is or look for familiar constellations at night. I was driven out by the cold night air tonight.

I also love to capture a moment in time to see it over and over.... taking pictures. I snap snap away and could do it all day. Here are a few pictures I took today in San Augustine.

























Scenes from Hwy 2213 or Liberty.

No comments:

Post a Comment