Friday, February 12, 2010

Snow!

What a great day! I heard this was the first snow in 10 years in San Augustine. That means that this opportunity for pictures does not come around often. I woke up before daybreak and took a few pictures with a 50mm F1.4 lens and 270EZ flash. The neighborhood was eerily quiet and snow was still falling softly to the ground. I avoided disturbing the blanket of white and snapped away. Several shots actually showed the geometric delicate shapes of the snowflakes, which I am so impressed with. I ended up being able to take the day off and took even more shots after daybreak, including the little birds. They are sparrows or wrens, I think. They seemed more agressive this morning with their feeding. I think cold weather makes me hungrier too. The cat and dog did not really want any part of that white stuff. Children played in the distance laughing and enjoying snowball fights and making angels and snowmen. I drove to the dock after the roads cleared a bit and watched the geese move to the other side of the lake yet again. Tomorrow the snow will be gone, and life will return to its normal grandness -- for San Augustine anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment