Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Trudi and A Voice in the Wind

This adventure began soon after I arrived in San Augustine and has continued until this week and maybe even longer. I've been reading! Books! Actually a series of books by Francine Rivers. They began with A Voice in the Wind and I was hooked the first page. It starts out with the destruction of Jerusalem and tells the story of a Jewish girl named Hadassah and how she survived to become a slave in a Roman household. It is rich in culture, history, faith, and hope. If I ever have a baby girl (which I sadly won't), I would want to name her Hadassah. The book reveals other valiant and faithful characters and ultimately the entire series makes Christ the center of everything. In comparing our culture today with that period in history.... well there is so much to consider and rethink about the way we live our lives today.

I have my friend Trudi to thank for creating this adventure for me. We first met while I was walking my dog in the neighborhood. After talking and sharing with her, she excitedly entrusted the books to me in a basket and told me to take as long as I needed to read them. I can understand why she felt a need to share them. They were wonderfully uplifting!

No comments:

Post a Comment