Saturday, April 25, 2009

Auction at the Court House

Our court house is being rebuilt. I do not know all the particulars except that it needed it and that this is a wonderful thing for San Augustine that the community has been working towards. Today the Garden Club of San Augustine held an auction to raise money for this effort. Items being auctioned were taken from the court house and included old ballet boxes, railings, 2 x 4 studs, fluorescent lighting, shelving, desks, doors, miscellaneous electronics, windows and glass, water fountains, and old clay roofing material. This was my first auction to ever attend. I knew my husband wanted some of the fluorescent lighting for his brother's shop use. However, I was afraid of what we would walk away with. Everyone there cared about the court house and wanted a piece of its history and to support the rebuilding efforts. I dare to say that maybe the auction wasn't as successful as it was hoped to be, but I was glad to see the community support and to be a part of that support. We ended up with a plastic milk crate, 2 old ballet boxes, 150 2x4s, 12 fluorescent lights, a bookshelf and some auction bidding experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment