Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Dinner Invitation

When I first came to San Augustine, I would walk up East Columbia towards the library and admire the beautiful old homes. They are all well landscaped with azaleas and mature trees. Most have large porches and rocking chairs. I was so thankful to experience a wonderful evening in one of these homes this week for a delicious meal with some of our new friends from church. I feel that when someone invites you to their home, they are opening up their lives to you and value your friendship. I observed the hostess finishing up the final preparations and having us serve our plates and set us at the large dining table. The table was decorated with Easter bunnies and chocolate. We all enjoyed each other's company conversing about family, concern for our country, San Augustine, schools in America, and so on. The hostess continued the evening conversing, listening, and serving coffee and dessert. What a wonderful act of hospitality and kindness! This was her act of love and a most memorable evening for me in San Augustine -- one that I wish to pay forward soon.

1 comment:

  1. Hello my dear friend! It was wonderful hearing about your adventures. Thanks fo not only taking the time to chronicle them, but to invite me to peek into your world! This is my first time to see a blog. I hope to do a little traveling this summer. Maybe I can come by your way. love Suzanne Magee

    ReplyDelete