Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Judging a Pumpkin Contest

I was honored to be asked to judge West Sabine Elementary's Pumpkin Decorating Contest. My job at the school does not mean that I know all the kids that attend there. In fact, I do not know any of their names or grade levels (maybe one or two of them). They are all sweet darlings as far as I can tell. Well, enough of that. The point is I would be an unbiased judge and an asset to the contest. I took this task seriously and wanted to judge fairly. I did not realize how hard it is to be a judge. You could tell how hard the kids worked and how creative they are! You want them all to win! Thankfully, I was not the only judge. Not sure who won because I was not around for the announcements... my job keeps me going all over the district sometimes. The point is this was fun for the kids, a creative outlet, a friendly competition, and I was given a container of delicious oatmeal cookies as a thank you gift for my part. Yum! Seriously, I am greatful and honored to be asked to judge this important event and to be a part of West Sabine Elementary's educational festive pumpkin day! Thanks, Mrs. C! Here are a few of the wonderfully decorated pumpkins!

No comments:

Post a Comment