Monday, November 2, 2009

Sassafras Excitement















I have looked forward to this year's festival for some time now. The promise of over 100 vendors lining the square of San Augustine, Bonnie and Clyde reinactment, wheel chair races, live music, pet show, dunkin booth, ... I shared this day with many friends that I have met over the last year and I met more friends during my rounds through the excitement and goings on. I had the courage this year to enter several photographs in the photography contest and actually won "best in show" and 2 other ribbons for my work. Children were being pulled by wagon, dogs were accompanying many festival goers including a large Mastiff or gentle giant, jellies and canned goods and homemade goodies were for sale along with handmade walking sticks, purses, carvings, paintings, and so on. This was a day that reflected the full culture of San Augustine. Watch out Clyde! The sheriff is hot on your trail!

























No comments:

Post a Comment