Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Meeting Congressman Gohmert

Sometimes a topic is so dear to one's heart that you cannot put your thoughts on it to paper or even talk about it in such a way that does it justice. However, I will try. Representative Gohmert spoke Sunday evening November 22 at the Center Middle School auditorium in a special community church service. He had a message that I wish could be heard by students in our schools. I never heard the history and quotes that he shared from older history books concerning the heroes of our country's past. I left with the feeling that God definitely had a hand in our heritage and worked in the lives of our past soldiers, leaders, presidents, scholars, and universities, just as he worked through David, Moses, Paul, and other heroes of the Bible. Sure there were unchristian actions that are a part of our history, but we are human. Why does that negate the Christian heritage our country was founded on? Why does that mean leaving out the important facts that kept us on the right track so that my generation and future generations do not even know God's mighty hand continues in our governments today. It seems we have shut him out and chiseled even his reference out of our history. We will one day forget the sacrifices so many have made to make this country a good place to live. Goodness is being descriminated against and twisted in its meaning. The problem is bigger than me. I just pray about it regularly and use my votes which seem lost in a sea of political correctness and add-ons to bills.

Congressman Ghomert and others like him are special people remembering our heritage and passing it on. After the service, I introduced myself and shook Congressman Gohmert's hand and thanked him for his insight and tireless work for our country.

No comments:

Post a Comment