Monday, May 4, 2009

DQ Impromptu

I was feeling empty and lonely. Sure I had plenty to do because we had just moved into our rent house. I was saved by the bell, or rather the voicemail from a good friend, Johnnie Dale. She said that she and 2 other couples were meeting at the San Augustine Dairy Queen and they wanted me to come too. She and Dennis were driving from Nacogdoches, Brad and Melanie were coming through Louisiana, and JW and Rachel were coming from Orange by way of Bronson where they were camping. We met and talked and ate for a good long time. We have known each other for 10 years and we all have gone separate ways recently due to family illness and Hurricane Ike. We miss each other and how things use to be, but for those couple of hours we shared old times, love, and care in my little town of San Augustine.

No comments:

Post a Comment