Monday, June 1, 2009

It's a Cat's Life


I have to tell you about this amazing cat I have. Her name is Heidi and she is half Persian. We adopted her after Hurricane Rita to replace our other kitty that disappeared. We like at least one cat to keep snakes and mice away, but also to entertain us. We do not really own Heidi, she lets us keep her if you know what I mean. We did not take Heidi with us when we evacuated for Hurricane Ike. I was worried about her because the area was covered in water and our home had almost 3 feet of it. When the water subsided, we returned and low and behold Heidi came out of the woods to greet us. We can only surmise she climbed a tree or got on the roof of the storage building to survive.

Heidi was the last thing I put in the truck when we left our home for good. She got car sick before we drove out of the subdivision and that was after I gave her a little herbal cocktail to calm her nerves. We kept her in our apartment for 2 weeks before she snuck out. She loved San Augustine as much as we did. She visited the Dodge dealership on occasion and taunted the many birds and squirrels in our yard. She has the run of our yard and house. We never know if she is in or out. She either sleeps at the foot of our bed, in a window seal, or on top of the window air condition unit outside. She lunges in play at Maggie or chases her around the yard or in circles in the house. When I am listening to music on the computer, she gets right in my face with her purring... I think she loves music. She wallows on the driveway when we come home and follows me around when I work in the yard. Heidi has brought plenty of joy to our lives.



No comments:

Post a Comment