Wednesday, September 2, 2020

Iowa to Florida



It is unreal that I have moved once again.  Feeling so unsettled. Yet, this is as settled as it gets. We moved here because we think it will help my migraines. We plunged into this for justifiable reasons and now we are adapting.  I could get personal...  should I get personal? Did you know there is a pandemic going on right now and I am homesick for Texas.  I just do not know what to tell you about me and this time in my life.  It has somehow caused anxiety beyond measure to leave Texas, and yet has increased my creative side and I have searched and found hope.  As old as I am, you would think I would know what I want out of life.  I suppose that would be to adapt and enjoy and be at peace with whatever circumstance.  My migraines do seem to be better.  

I have so enjoyed the scenery here in Panama City Beach, Florida.  I am a beach baby at heart. Some of my best childhood memories are of playing on the beach, building sandcastles, finding shells, eating sand in my eggs and hot dogs that mom cooked for us on the beach, and feeling the ups and downs in my head as I ebb off to sleep listening to the waves that I have heard all day long.  And the sun -- I love the warmth of the sun on my face.  The beach inspired a curiosity about marine life, beach and ocean landscapes, and the natural things of this earth.




No comments:

Post a Comment