Thursday, June 14, 2012

Beep! Beep!

Beep! Beep!  I saw a road runner today.  It ran across FM 1750 in front of my car.  I was amazed that I was actually seeing a real version of a road runner and not the cartoon version.  I feel that I could just yell "Hey wait, I want to ask you something", "Why are you so mean to that coyote"?  Why can't you just be friends?"  This road runner had the same comical sprint, long legs, and distinctive shaggy head as the cartoon one.  I thought road runners lived mostly in dry areas like Central and West Texas and New Mexico.  In fact, it is the state bird of New Mexico.  They eat mostly meat and are famous for catching and eating snakes like the rattlesnake because they are so fast.  They run at speeds of 15 to 20 miles an hour.  The Piney Woods of East Texas has many hidden treasures including the fast and famous Great Road Runner.  Sorry not enough time to get pictures this time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment