Friday, December 17, 2010

City Girl


How could I forget to tell you about City Girl? Where do I begin? She is the sweetest and luckiest stray that ever was. She was adopted by folks at the City Hall. As you can see from her tag, and her pudge that she is well taken care of. On this day, she was visiting folks down at the Sassafras Festival. She followed me while I walked down Columbia. I sat down on a nearby bench to pet her and she sat down right beside me as if she were human. She scooted next to me and wanted to shake my hand. She also discouraged me from leaving with that paw and leaning on me. She never meets a stranger. I think that bench is one of her regular stops when she roams the town. Everyone knows her and loves her. You can find her most of the time right at San Augustine City Hall near her bed and food bowl. I have been here over 2 years and she is definitely an icon in San Augustine. What a lucky pooch!

No comments:

Post a Comment