Friday, September 3, 2010

The ants go marching...

Today I am free! It is Friday and I am not at work. I am home doing home things. Love it. One thing I did was play with my cat, Heidi. While doing laundry, I watched her and Maggie run around the house chasing each other and having a good time. I would stomp my feet at the cat and she would take off, jump on the couch, climb through the columns in the wall to the dining area and land on the back of the recliner. Looked like fun to me! When I approached, she would flatten herself out on the carpet like a pancake and I scratched her soft furry ears. Suddenly, she lost interest and ran to the patio doors. I followed and layed on the carpet beside her trying to figure out what she saw that made her so interested. The only thing moving was a steady stream of little marching ants covering the bricks around our little patio. Then one ant broke the line and moved toward us. It climbed over leaves and bumped into bird seed and sunflower seed shells from the bird feeder. Other ants quickly followed. I looked for the trail that might lead into our house, but did not see one. More ants kept coming and soon there was a pile of them going in circles around the seed shells. Then, an ant wandered right to the threshold of our patio doors. I jumped up and decided it was time to sweep away the quickly coming onslaught of ants. Now what was I doing before all this? Ah yes, laundry.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, interesting and scary about the ants. Did you find them in house? I had a bunch come in with some peonies I cut last spring. Soon as I got rid of the peonies, the ants were gone. I came across your blog by clicking on the "journaling" word in interests. Also Bible Study and a couple of other things. Sounds like you love cats too!

    ReplyDelete